A NEW UPDATE!
LOOK WHO’S HANDSOME!
A NEW UPDATE!
A NEW UPDATE!
LOOK WHO’S HANDSOME!
Crushed under a weight
of varying opinion
the sentence stretches out to death inside a prison
BABY TEETHDays that I’ve spent screaming Would not articulate The perfectly sad story that’s forming on your face Your eyes are set to streaming A frustrated refrain Your anger put a song in me to give itself a voice
No, it isn’t fair and all you want is confirmation the world’s fucking shit sometimes and there’s no god out there. You can live your life without the guilt for making yourself happy before everybody else.
We all move along and now confirmation is all that you want… Her confirmation is all that you want
Days that I’ve spent screaming Would not articulate The perfectly sad story that’s forming on your face Your eyes are set to streaming a frustrated refrain Your anger put a song in me to give itself a voice
We all move along We all move on
The Pitz is where we rehearse/eat pizza and its run by two of the most lovely people you will ever meet. They have teamed up with a filmmaker/rad dude Ben Thatcher to make a series of videos for some of the bands that play there. Woo!
wow, did Sydney turn it on last night, it was getting all hot in Blackwire on a cold winters night. Full tour diary entry will be posted later but highlights include, early packed house, planet of the apes style dancing, good dudes with good girls, good girls with good dudes, bowling bass guitars, broken microphones and a near blind Matt Saliba playing guitar on peoples shoulders……
Next week our second home town MELBOURNE BABY!!!!!!!!!
lots and lots happening in camp Nice Guys…..
First of all we have our official tour announcement and supports listed over here.
We are so excited to be hitting the road again and we are stoked to be playing with the bands that we are playing with. Got some old friends and new on this run and can’t wait to have a schooner, pot or pint and pizza with everyone!!!
I have been making some short videos featuring some studio footage lately and there should be one every week up until the release of ‘Shoot out the lights’. This weeks video features MATT!
Also how bad do you wanna get your hands on one of these!!!!
These are media cards that we will be packaging with merch on our ‘shoot out the lights’ east coast tour, the card will allow you to download the full EP, plus artwork, liner notes, piccys, videos, doo dads, twizzlars and anything else we can cram on there in digital format. (digital doo dads and twizzlars not guaranteed…)
Nice Rivals =)
I’m really pleased to update this blog with artwork and information about our forthcoming EP; Shoot Out The Lights.
The date scheduled for release is 30/05/11 and we’ll hit the road to promote it shortly afterwards.
Our label Beard of Bees have worked really hard putting a tour together and putting this out, they’ve also given everyone a sneak peak of SOTL on their soundcloud which you can listen to here…
Needless to say we’re all really, really keen to start playing some shows and I’m happy to say we don’t have to wait much longer… check out any of the below dates, we’d love to see you. Other bands for the SOTL tour will be announced soon. In the meantime watch this space as we all get over excited and start posting stupid shit & lyrics up here and also sexy merch that will be available at the shows. We’ll also keep a tour diary to remember what we’ve actually done.
Until next post… Cheers.
13/05 – The Town Hall Hotel, Newtown – w/ Castles Sunk Below The Sea & Hira Hira!
Shoot Out The Lights Tour
11/06 – Blackwire Records, Sydney AA
18/06 – Pony, Melbourne
19/06 – Catfood Press, Melbourne AA
23/06 – Hamilton Station Hotel, Newcastle
24/06 – Fat Louie’s, Brisbane
25/06 – Sun Distortion, Brisbane AA
29/06 – Bar 32, Canberra
DAVEY WILL BE BETTER IN NO TIME!!!!
there are many important dates in history but if we are really searching for a date that will live in infamy its has to be…..
1574 – Henry III becomes King of France.
1815 – The East Indiaman ship Arniston is wrecked during a storm at Waenhuiskrans, near Cape Agulhas, present-day South Africa, with the loss of 372 lives.
1876 – Ottoman sultan Abd-ul-Aziz is deposed and succeeded by his nephew Murat V.
1942 – World War II: 1000 British bombers launch a 90-minute attack on Cologne, Germany.
1959 – The Auckland Harbour Bridge, crossing the Waitemata Harbour in Auckland, New Zealand, is officially opened by Governor-General Lord Cobham.
1961 – Long time Dominican dictator Rafael Trujillo is assassinated in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
1971 – Mariner program: Mariner 9 is launched to map 70% of the surface, and to study temporal changes in the atmosphere and surface, of Mars.
then not much happened for 40 years…..until….
2011 – NICE GUYS RELEASE ‘SHOOT OUT THE LIGHTS’ ON BEARDOFBESS RCDS.
So unless your making a move up the ranks in a Royal Family, planning some kind of military coup, celebrating mothers day in Nicaragua or are Sarajevo native pop singer Zdravko Čolić who is busy celebrating his 60th birthday you have to get onto itunes and pick up NICE GUYS BRAND SPANKIN’ NEW EP ‘SHOOT OUT THE LIGHTS’……..
things to look forward to:
Royal Brunei Armed Forces Day / Nice Guys Release Hangover Party probs at warrenview…. 31st May
SHOOT OUT THE LIGHTS EAST COAST TOUR!!! (announcement shortly)
NEW LINE OF MERCH / EP PACKAGES (corresponding with release / tour)
Rivals Nice…. =)
Thank you Totally Unicorn for a shout out in their blog…
… and now on to my favourite band ever; Iron Maiden.
Here are ten reasons why Iron Maiden are the greatest heavy metal band of all time…
10. Classics. Loads of them! Aces High, Running Free, Run To The Hills, The Trooper, Be Quick or Be Dead, Fear Of The Dark, 2 Minutes to Midnight… shit, all of these are heavy metal fucking ANTHEMS!
9. Nicko McBrain’s face. That thing has been sanded flat to make way for more drums! Nicko disappeared behind his massive kit so many years ago Steve Harris has forgotten what he looks like.
8. Energy. They still fling themselves around stage like a bunch of kids, it’s amazing! While peers Slayer might look meaner and scarier, I’d fancy myself to atleast be able to beat those fat bastards in a foot race!*
7. Worldliness. Watch the excellent documentary Global Metal and you will see a universal love of Iron Maiden. Their shirts are everywhere in this film and the love from interviewees for Iron Maiden is palpable.
6. Artwork. Iron Maiden’s artwork is still as Iconic as it ever was, from their logos to their record covers, an Iron Maiden album stands out!
5. Laurels. They haven’t rested on them. On their most recent tour they drew heavily from their latest album The Final Frontier, and while it was the TFF tour a lot of their contemporaries would have still dialed in a greatest hits set. This is a band that still cares, and you know what? They KILLED it last tour!
4. Bruce Dickinson. I know he wasn’t the first singer but he is better than Paul Di’Anno and that other singer that dare not be named! His voice is as distinctive as Ozzy’s and stronger than Halford’s, the perfect voice for classic heavy metal and a signature of TNWOBHV.
3. Guitarmy. Janick Gers, Adrian Smith & Dave Murray create a prison-wall thick thump of gorgeous metal tones that fairly lift you from your seat (if you were unfathomably sitting down) at a Maiden show. Riffs for days my friends, riffs for days…
2. ED FORCE ONE. A jet plane. They have their own jet plane! Do I even need to elaborate on this point? Oh, plenty of performing artists have their own private jets I’m sure but Bruce Dickinson flies the damn thing. The cool points here are through the roof!
1. So you’ve got you’re own plane, all decked out with your logo and artwork. What else do you want? What was that? A MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT!? Who doesn’t want their own 12-foot cyborg version of Ed Hunter?
If you’re reading this chances are your band is not as good as Iron Maiden’s… get yourself a robot.
* Disclaimer: That was a joke and was not intended to cause any offense to any member of Slayer (especially Kerry King). Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!!!!